...to our sweet boy paralyzed and hooked up to all manner of wires and tubes.
- "His blood pressure meds are unusually low, we will almost certainly have to increase them during the night" -- they actually DECREASED them during the night.
- "He will have a '12-hour slump' with decreased o2 sats" -- I called in 12 hours and sats were steady.
- "His kidney function is great . . . but we will have to increase his lasix to help him pee by tomorrow" -- they DECREASED the lasix during the night.
- "His swelling will be worse tomorrow when you get here, his eyes may be swollen shut" -- his coloring AND swelling were even BETTER by the next morning!
- "Furthermore Dr. Bradley will not even discuss closing his chest until Day 2"--but the very night of the surgery, Dr. Bradley had said at 10pm when he called to check sats -- if "trunk edema" (torso swelling) was still that low and schedule permitted, he would close his chest Day 1 post surgery!